Monday, January 19, 2009

Speak louder...I can't hear you!

Lately I've been feeling like I'm supposed to be doing something and I'm not. Ever have that feeling?

Recently I've put off doing a lot of things ... some out of busyness and some out of laziness. I know God has been tugging at me...I just don't know what it is he's saying to me.

I know he wants me to devote more time to him. One of the things I've been neglecting is a REGULAR quiet time. I still do it..but not regularly. This morning Bagel did it again...woke me up earlier then I wanted to get up...and I was able to have my quiet time. I prayed, I read my bible, I read a christian "self help" book. So quiet time is done...Check!

Something is still missing...(and BTW, I know that things aren't just supposed to all get better because I read my bible ONE day...). I just have this feeling that God is telling me something..and I just can't hear it!

A million thoughts and ideas run through my head. And still nothing. I can't even "surrender" it to him...because I'm not even sure what "it" is!

I feel like God is saying something BIG is about to happen. I feel like he's about to use me in a BIG way. I just don't know how or when.

I know he's been showing me a few areas of my life I need to work on.
- Stop being lazy.
- Get over your materialism.
- Be content with what I've given you.
- Get out there more.

The list goes on and on. And I feel it...I feel it in my body. He's trying to get through to me. I feel like he's saying...be prepared. But be prepared for what?

I know...None of this makes sense...but that's common when it comes to God's plans. But one thing is for sure...when it's God's plan...it all works out.

No comments: