
Business at Belk has been pretty slow lately. This is both bad and good. It's obviously bad because less customers spending mean cuts in staffing. I've just found out that my hours have been cut ALOT for the month of February. I will now only work between 13 and 18 hours a week. I'm trying to look at the upside of it...more time to work on church stuff. God has been pretty faithful in providing financially, so while there is a tiny bit of worry in the back of my head I'm trying to not let it overwhelm me.
These cut backs are not just effecting me. Almost every employee is having to deal with this. From what I hear everyone is being cut at least 10 hours a week! This has caused a lot of discussion at work amongst the employees. And since business is slow...I've had the opportunity to really talk with a few of my co-workers. A few of them have really been opening up and sharing with me not only their fears and concerns about our bad economy, but about other personal life issues as well.
While talking to one of the ladies about the economy and what lies ahead for all of us she said something I found pretty profound..."people are going to have to have faith".
We are all going through pretty similiar situations. Whether christian or not. More and more jobs are being lost every day. More businesses are closing their doors. Bills are piling up and debt keeps accumulating. Families are struggling to make ends meet with less money every month. The economy is BAD...and it looks like it might get a bit worse before we see anything get better.
During times like this people are searching...they are looking for HOPE! What an awesome opportunity we have right now to share that hope with all that we meet!!! I pray that we will all take this opportunity to love on our neighbors, co-workers, and friends and that we would share with them the HOPE we have in Jesus Christ.
These cut backs are not just effecting me. Almost every employee is having to deal with this. From what I hear everyone is being cut at least 10 hours a week! This has caused a lot of discussion at work amongst the employees. And since business is slow...I've had the opportunity to really talk with a few of my co-workers. A few of them have really been opening up and sharing with me not only their fears and concerns about our bad economy, but about other personal life issues as well.
While talking to one of the ladies about the economy and what lies ahead for all of us she said something I found pretty profound..."people are going to have to have faith".
We are all going through pretty similiar situations. Whether christian or not. More and more jobs are being lost every day. More businesses are closing their doors. Bills are piling up and debt keeps accumulating. Families are struggling to make ends meet with less money every month. The economy is BAD...and it looks like it might get a bit worse before we see anything get better.
During times like this people are searching...they are looking for HOPE! What an awesome opportunity we have right now to share that hope with all that we meet!!! I pray that we will all take this opportunity to love on our neighbors, co-workers, and friends and that we would share with them the HOPE we have in Jesus Christ.
2 comments:
Inspiring, Nadine. Thank you for this. We do indeed have an incredible hope.
Thank you for the reminder. We tend to forget that we are not alone in our trails
Post a Comment